Monday, February 23, 2009

Nothing like a near death experience ...

To put things in perspective.

I should preface this post by saying, I have just taken my pain medication, and I have one hand splinted, so typing this post is a little difficult. No, scratch that, it is seriously difficult. I will probably read this post someday and realize I was making little if any sense, but you do what you can.

On the 18th of this month, just five days ago, I was driving home from grocery shopping, going South on 281. For some reason that I will never understand, a man driving an 18 wheel big rig decided to pull out into oncoming traffic and make a u-turn in the highway.

The car in front of me was able to swerve around the front of the truck. I wasn't so lucky. However, I did manage to hit him in the one spot that didn't mean instant death for me ... his gas tank. Yippee ... diesel fuel is not all that likely to explode.



Now, my biggest problem is that it is near impossible to work while in pain or on pain medication. This is the downside of being self employed. It is also a little difficult to take care of 19 cats and 2 dogs when every part of your body is screaming in protest. Not to mention getting any effective work done on my building or computer projects.

However, I am alive, and that is the biggest upside I can think of.

No comments: